I hear people are having trouble finding the taxonomy on their animals. These sites may help or you may try http://www.qandanj.org/
http://www.concord.org/~btinker/guide/fieldguide/taxonomy_list.htm
http://cmg.colostate.edu/gardennotes/311.pdf
http://www.phsource.us/PH/ATAX/index.htm
http://people.eku.edu/sumithrans/zoo/classarthclas.htm
http://www.kendall-bioresearch.co.uk/class.htm
10 comments:
Where do I find the scientific name? Is it the same thing as Species?
It is the Genus and Species that makes up the scientific name.
Google said that the scientific name was the family and something else. Sould I use the google name or the genus and species?
Also what if the species and the scientific name are the same thing? is that possible?
lastly its ok to pick a general catagory like ladybugs? or do i have to pick a specific type of ladybug?
Picking the ladybug is fine. The species is the most specific classification of the organism. Also Google is not a source it is a search engine, so check the source.
You need to have the Genus and Species to have a scientific name.
Thank You!
My arthropod has a lot of different families, genus's, and species. What should I do if i can't find a general one?
Then you are not researching a specific one. What are you researching?
Im researching mayflies.
KINGDOM:Animalia PHYLUM:Arthropoda CLASS:Insecta ORDER:Ephemeroptera (mayflies)
Then the family and genus will be specific to the type of mayfly you concentrate on.
Post a Comment